Thank goodness I've finally finished this project. It had been sitting in the carport forever.
I bought this Queen Anne dresser with stool and bedside tables on ebay for $70, which I think was a pretty good price.
It was painted a light pink acrylic and had quite a few chips in the paint, but other than that was in pretty good condition. The handles were beautiful!
The first thing to go was that fuzzy butt stool covering. Blah. I don't mind pink in small doses but this was just too much. I decided to go with white so after giving it a sand and filling in some minor holes and chips, I gave it two undercoats and then two coats of high gloss white enamel for protection - and good looks. Nothing original with this one I'm afraid - I just stuck to the traditional white.
Oops, just noticed that little bit of fabric tufting out on the right side of the stool! I'll fix it tomorrow. :p
I lined the drawers with the same fabric as the stool.
It did seem a bit of a mishmash with the retro mirror handles together with the traditional glass handle but I really dig it...
No the handles aren't crooked. They actually spin believe it or not.
And yes I know there is a screw missing but it came to me with only one screw on each side for some reason. Still works.
Now it's ready to sell. I really am running out of room in my house now as I have started painting things inside because it's too bloody cold outside to do anything! Hopefully it'll sell fast, although I'm not quite sure what to price it at yet. I will have to do some research I think.
I'm hoping my next project will knock your socks off. Mr T and I have been very busy with this one (he's turned it into his baby now). We can't wait to get it finished and it'll definitely be a one of a kind piece!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
the jelly cupboard | distressing & antiquing
56 minutes ago