Here's the before:
You might recall that when I started sanding, it came out all flaky because some Wally had obviously not sanded or prepped it properly before applying the lacquer. I bought some Minwax Antique Furniture Refinisher to try and remove the lacquer. I managed to get most of it off before finishing the whole tin.
After I sprayed it the first time there were big yellow patches which came through the paint so I had to spray some stain sealer on it a few times.
Here's how it looks now (remember I still have to apply the poly)...
Normally I would paint the inside of the cupboard and drawers and line them, but I was really pushed for time and now I'm just buggered. I need a holiday. It's a good thing I'm flying up to Darwin tomorrow night to see my BFF. Hooray!
I'll be back in five days to get started on repairing the burnt table top of the dining table. I'm hopeful it can be easily fixed without having to do the whole table top, but that might be wishful thinking.
Linking up to: