This is an old table I scored from Freecycle. There was nothing wrong with it, all it needed was some freshening up.
I lined the inside with this fresh lovely fabric. I love it!
You'd think this would be a simple makeover right? Aaarrrghh! Initially the top was going to be black. I used an enamel and of course had to leave it for 24 hours to dry. I gave it a light sand before my next coat and it was still a little tacky and coming up from the surface. I waited a while before I gave it a second coat. Then it started bubbling. More sanding, more coats, more sanding, more coats. Took me friggin' weeks! Finally I got it. I took it outside to distress the top. However I got distracted and didn't get to it for a few days. Now with the STUPID temperamental weather we've been having (from cold to scorching hot within 24 hours, and this pattern over a few days), all the paint bubbled up from the surface. I dug out the scraper and scraped the bloody thing off didn't I! There were spots where it was a little harder to get the paint off, so I just used the heat gun and it lifted immediately. I gave the top a heavy-handed sand until I my fingers seized up, stained the top with English Walnut and a few coats of poly on top. Done. Easy. Should have stuck with the natural timber in the first place as it looks so much better.
Check out my Link Parties page to see where I party!
Salmon and Prawn Pasta with Leeks Tomato and Dill
4 minutes ago